[PARPORT] HP T1000e drivers

wood ellis (woodswrk@erols.com)
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 09:58:32 -0700

Re recent postings about the Colorado T1000e, I, too, would like to have
a driver for it. I've never understood why Hewlitt Packard would even
sell a device without providing a driver for Linux/Unix/etc. I think it
reflects poorly upon them. The T1000e is a dandy little taper, and works
very well with the old MS windows or dos.
For small systems, the huge tape drives seem to be a nuisance, whereas
the T1000e, when used with compression, is ideally adquate.
I really would appreciate having the appropriate driver, and I would
really appreciate a knowledgeable explanation of HP's perversity in not
supplying it.
Wood Ellis
woodswrk@erols.net