Re: [PARPORT] SparQ problems

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Sun, 31 May 1998 13:21:21 -0400 (EDT)

> Here I am again... Well, still trying to have SparQ working in my system.
> I can load paride,epat(port 0x378 mode 5) and pd and have them read the
> content of my disk. The problem is when it comes to writing it. After a
> while the kernel flushes the message
>
> pda:do_pd_write_drq:state = 0x10050 = SEEK READY TMO
>
> continouslly. Trying to "debug" the drivers' source code I figured out that
> the problem appears to happen within the "while" loop at "pd_wait_for"
> the driver's code...

Well, that's the place at which the problem is detected. The drive has
accepted a command and the driver is waiting for it to return a "DRQ",
indicating that it is ready for the data. The "50" above indicates that
the drive has completed the command without requesting any data - so the
driver is understandably confused.