[PARPORT] Starting a new project

Juan Luis Cervera Perez (jcervera@euibbs.upv.es)
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 10:03:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I'm using a pocket organizer called Lexibook. It uses the parallel port to
send and receive data to/from PC. The organizer cames with an ugly DOS
program to transfer data and any more. There is no manuals or
specifications abouts the protocol used. There is not any address, http
links of the developer.
 I would like to develop a linux program for this organizer.
 Could you, please, say me what are the steps that you use to start to
develop a new parallel port driver. Is there any FAQ about this job:
software needed (dosemu, etc), tips, useful utilities for hacking the
parallel port, etc.
        Thanks in advance.