[PARPORT] Massive slowdown of computer during transfer

Marcus Berglund (mabs@jaycom.net.au)
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:19:41 +1000 (EST)

I have just bought myself an Imation Superdisk drive, and 1 major problem I
have found with my machine, is how much it gets slowed down, while accessing
the drive... is this a problem with my parallel port, or is it in the driver.

Is there anyway to get rid of such a massive slow down? It causes my watchdog
timer to come into action sometimes! I do not mind slowing the drive down to
stop it from slowing the computer

Also is there anyway to stop it from panicing so much when it finds a bad spot
on the drive, or is the lockup from that more related to something else, it
basically gave a 100% lock to the computer trying to read some sectors, and I
thought turning off the power to the drive would help, very stupid move!!!

Please CC: mail to me since I am not on the list,
thanks, mabs.

The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has it's limits.
Marcus Berglund, VK3TST.
Linux / Unix System Consultant / Administrator
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia.
E-mail: mabs@jaycom.net.au
Web: http://mabs.home.ml.org/
ICQ: 7402444