Re: [PARPORT] Support for Backpack 800T tape drive ??

grant@torque.net
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:54:17 -0400 (EDT)

> I recently picked up a Microsystems backpack 800T parallel port tape
> unit and was wondering if anybody knows if it can be used with
> linux (or other free unix) or if someone is working on a driver for
> it?

The 800T is the same machine as the Iomega Ditto 800. Claus Heine is
now working on support for them.

There's also an 8000T which is entirely different and is supported by
the PARIDE drivers.