[PARPORT] Scanners?

Doug Clark (clarkda@cs.purdue.edu)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:44:48 -0500

Just bought a new scanner today... boy have the prices come down. Anyway,
if this isn't already an emerging topic for this list, it should be! Every
single one of the scanners in my price range (< $200) is now parallel-port
driven. So of course I shrugged and thought, "well, there goes all
possibility for Linux support."

Has there been any progress in this area? I bought a "Memorex 6120P", but
there were many other vendors, each of which probably has it's own
proprietary parallel port scanner protocol. (sigh)

As a GIMP user, I can see a lot of rebooting in the near future.... :-)

Doug