[PARPORT] Technical info

Douglas Andrew Clark (clarkda@cs.purdue.edu)
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 12:22:44 -0500 (EST)

I'm not very knowledgable, programming-wise, on a hardware level. With
respect to parallel ports, where I can I go to get more information on how
they are programmed, what the heck ECP, EPP, etc. are?

I had posted earlier about scanners...and have since tried to get it
running both under DOSemu and Wine. Wine was slightly more successful (as
you might imagine-- DOSemu's Windows wouldn't even load the image program
that loads the TWAIN driver). But still no luck... I wrote to the company
(Memorex) but nothing from them either. (sigh)

        -Doug (clarkda@cs.purdue.edu)