Re: [PARPORT] lp locks with three devs on parport

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 00:53:24 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:

> I decided to stress-test the Linux parport scheme a week ago
> and tried to use these two devices and printing at the same time.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this -- it's much appreciated.

When lp hangs, is the computer idle or looping (check the loadavg)? Also,
try sending the D-process a signal. (I'm not sure what that would prove
though -- I can't think of a way for it to go into uninterruptible sleep).

It might be useful to check /proc/parport/?/devices. I imagine it will
contain the line " lp" all the time (no "+"), but it's nice to be sure
about these things.

Thanks,