[PARPORT] Parallel port setup (fwd)

Jim Hatridge (hatridge@straubing.baynet.de)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 18:07:15 +0000 ( )

Hi All;

This is my first note to this list. I hope that you'll can help us. Sean
and I both have this scanner and have the same problems. Can anyone give
us an idea what to do?

Thanks for your help!

JIM
Jim Hatridge
Germany
hatridge@straubing.baynet.de

M$ -- Ghostdriver* on the road to the future!
(*German Slang for the guy driving on the wrong side of the road!)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 17:01:00 +0200 (MEST)
From: "Theo. Sean Schulze" <tschulze@bunt.com>
To: linux- newbie <linux-newbie@vger.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Parallel port setup

A little while back I posted a message here looking for drivers for a scanner I
got at the local MediaMarkt electronics store. I haven't had any luck finding
drivers, but I am now trying to beat that problem by trying to get the scanner to
run using its Windoze software and drivers under wine. This has been a rocky
road, but it's coming along.

I have the scanner software now to the point where it runs, but it tells me that
it can't find the scanner. I looked in dmesg, and I don't see a line in which the
kernel announces the location of the parallel port on boot, so I assume that I
have to do some configuration to get my parallel port recognized by first the
kernel and then wine/the scanner software.

Can anyone here give me some pointers on configuring my parallel port?

TIA,

Sean

--
Theo. Sean Schulze