Re: [PARPORT] Configuring SuperDisk (Internal)

grant@torque.net
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 13:07:46 -0400 (EDT)

> I recently purchased the SuperDisk LS120 drive. It's an internal
> device, and I've tried to configure it under Linux as hdd1; however,
> during bootup and any mounts, it says the drive has to size
> (122880kb/122663kb). It's connected as the secondary ide slave drive.
> Will the parport device drivers work with this configuration? If so,
> how do I configure Linux that it recognizes the drive?

I think you are a bit confused. The PARIDE drivers are used for the
external version of the SuperDisk. The internal version is supported
directly by the ATAPI Floppy support in the IDE driver.

The error message you are seeing is merely a caution that the drive is
reporting inconsistent information in two different calls. (There is
an IDE IDENTIFY function and an ATAPI INQUIRY - they should normally
return the same results.)

As for accessing the device: LS-120 media are typically _NOT_ partitioned,
so you want to mount /dev/hdd instead of /dev/hdd1 (which will be a bogus
partition defined by random data where the driver expected to find a
partition table).

If you want to continue this conversation, please contact me personally -
this has nothing to do with the parport mailing list.