Re: [PARPORT] HP 7110e cd writing.

RHS Linux Abuser (djsmoke@earthlink.net)
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:20:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 grant@torque.net wrote:

> Did you actually follow all of Joerg's instructions in building the
> program ?
>
> There should not be any problems with the makefiles. What errors did you
> see ?

I dont remember offhand what the errors were, but it had trouble with the
RULES/rules.* files and some errors with OBJ/unknown-linux-gcc/*.dep

> Did you remember to make the device nodes ? Theres a script in
> the documentation to do that for you - and it's also there in
> linux/drivers/block/paride.

Yes, i created the device nodes manually, and after i read Eloy's email
(with the script in it) i realized that i set the major number to 96
instead of 97.

Here is the new output:

scsidev: '0,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info : 'HP '
Identifikation : 'CD-Writer+ 7100 '
Revision : '1.00'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags : SWABAUDIO
Starting to write CD at speed 2 in dummy mode for single session.
Last chance to quit, starting dummy write in 1 seconds.
Track 01: Total bytes read/written: 186828800/186828800 (91225 sectors).

Thanks everyone for helping me with this, i appreciate it.

Chris