Re: [PARPORT] /dev/pg0 and 2.0.x?

Joel Hardy (deeng@inficad.com)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:24:08 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Stephen Fast wrote:
> Hi Joel,
> I don't know about your /dev/pg0, but about your laptop and networking,
> I have a solution.
>
> I have a Toshiba T2200SX, an 80386 based thing with 200Meg hard drive,
> and, like yours, no pcmcia.
> I use the D-Link DE-620CT parallel port ethernet adapter with linux
> 2.0.0 and 2.0.32. It works fine.

Uhm... there's one *major* hole in this method: it only has one parallel
port, which /dev/pg0 is hooked up to :( I think I've heard
something about parallel port sharing, but that might not be the
best idea on a 486DX/25 without ECP or EPP while transfering data
over ethernet and CD-RW. Anyway, it looks like /dev/pg0 is only
accessible by cdrecord, so I *think* I'll have it figured out soon enough.
Thanks for the attempt, though.

- Joel Hardy (deeng@inficad.com)