[PARPORT] Bad blocks

Stefaan De Roeck (stefaandr@hotmail.com)
Thu, 03 Sep 1998 13:19:20 PDT

I have an epia hard disk with bad blocks on it, and I'd like to map
them. When using kernel 2.0.35, once having tried to read from a bad
sector freezes the hard disk (I have to power it down and up again to
make it work). With paride 0.95 (I think) it works, but it retries
several times to read before it declares a sector bad. I'd like to map
the sector bad at the first sign of trouble because other bad sectors
appear afterwards. Is there a good solution?