Re: [PARPORT] Boot from SyQuest EzFlyer ?

root (root@ufo.westsound.com)
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 01:20:17 -0700 (PDT)

I can give you some of my experience on this one. First, the SCSI
EZflyers are faster (by about 5 times) and more reliable than the parallel
port EZflyer. I own several of each. Next, it's almost trivial to
install backups/alternate versions of linux releases on the SAME EZflyer
SCSI drive. Simply remove (when rebooting) the cart you're no longer
interested in booting from and insert the one you've created with the
alternate version of linux. This arrangement has saved me many times
because I have a backup cart. My /home directory resides on a piggy back
EZflyer SCSI drive. So I simply swap my boot cart to the /home drive and
insert my backup cart to the boot drive. It's about as simple (almost)
as having two floppy drives to boot from.