[PARPORT] parport-arca-8-2.1.122-8.diff.gz

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 02:01:31 +0200 (CEST)

>From this new patch parport doesn' t request the interrupt with the
SA_INTERRUPT flag anymore. There' s no one good reason to disable irqs on
the local CPU for run the lp irq handler for example. If some strange
parport hardware or device driver need the irq masked it can do that by
hand (in the new parport_lowlevel irqhandler or in the pardevice irq
handler).

I also fine grined still more the use of the cad_lock spinlock. There' s
no need to use the irqsave version of spinlocks in the parport_procfs that
only read the cad and can' t change it.

I' d like to know if I should ask to Linus to apply my latest code to the
kernel even if in code freeze.

ftp://e-mind.com/pub/linux/parport/parport-arca-8-2.1.122-8.diff.gz

Andrea[s] Arcangeli