Re: [PARPORT] parport-arca-11 avaible

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 21:04:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Tim Waugh wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
>
>> Ok, but do you agree to leave the warning there? Phil didn' t agreed but I
>> hope to have convinced it.
>
>I'd rather it wasn't there, to be honest. When I put it in, it was
>because I thought there was still code in parport to deal with lurkers in
>a special way. As it turns out that there isn't, and that the LURK flag
>does nothing at all, I'd be quite happy for that whole if() to come out.

Why should' t we warn pardevice developers that LURK does mean nothing?
Should I change it in: printk("this is a harmless message:
parport%d...."); ;-)?

Note that parport internals changed ~one year ago and nobody in one year
has learn that LURK means nothing (they preferred to implement the null
preempt function instead). So I still think it' s needed (as KERN_DEBUG).

OK?

Andrea[s] Arcangeli