[PARPORT] Generic Driver (2.0.33)

Jay Jacobson (jayd@good.net)
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 09:39:41 -0700 (MST)

Hi everyone. I am working on a project with an embedded system running
kernel 2.0.33. This project will be interfacing four push-button
(debounced SPST) switches to the parallel port. Basically, when a button
is pressed, it will put a high (logic 1) on the 'error' pin of the
parallel port (to generate an interrupt) and it will also put a high on a
single bit of the parallel port's data bus.

I need a small piece of code (driver?) that will 'listen' for this
interrupt and then check which bit on the parallel port data bus is high,
and finally 'pass' that information to my main program. This will allow me
to determine which button was pressed and allow my main program to respond
accordingly.

Does anyone know of any existing minimal code/drivers that will do this?
Thanks for any help. :)

~Jay

- J a y J a c o b s o n