[PARPORT] Logitech Pagescan Color Pro

Luis A. Fernandez (qapfecul@lg.ehu.es)
Thu, 08 Oct 1998 15:39:37 +0200

Hello all,
Maybe this question has been asked some
hundred times but I'm new to the list and
don't
know if there is a FAQ or something alike.
The question is that I have a Logitech
Pagescan Color Pro scaner attached to the
computer through the parallel port (shared
with the printer in Win 95 mode works
allright). I've been using Linux for some 3
years now and the ONLY reason why I mantain
W95 in my home computer is the lack of support
for the scaner (at work and for
everything else I use only Linux). I've been
searching everywhere for support for the
scaner without succes and I wonder if people
in the list could throw me some pointer in
order to solve the problem (a driver, kernel
patch, support program or whaterver).
I have to say also that from time to time I
write to the Logitech support service
asking for support for the Linux OS, but never
got even an answer.
As my programming expertise in C is rather
poor (I'm a chemist and know only fortran,
basic and tcl/tk) and I'd like to contribute
in any way I can to the development of
support for this model, I would be eager to
act as beta tester (if there is anything to
test) or bring whatever kind of help you may
think of.
Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Dr. Luis A. Fernandez Cuadrado