Re: [PARPORT] freecom works, zip not under kernel 2.1.125

David Campbell (campbell@torque.net)
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 07:05:09 +0800

Date sent: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 22:16:23 +0100 (CET)
From: "Werner Hager <wh@nordrhein.net>" <root@jakes.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de>

> The no great problem for me s that I can't get a zip-drive to work
> anymore:
>
> [> [root@jakes /root]# modprobe ppa
> /lib/modules/2.1.125/scsi/ppa.o: init_module: Das Gert oder die Ressource ist belegt
> parport: Das Gert oder die Ressource ist belegt

*mental note - learn german sometime*

There are several reasons why ppa could fail to load. I would need to see the
kernel messages (use the "dmesg" command please). The contents of
/proc/ioports would also be useful ("cat /proc/ioports").

Hopefully the kernel messages from dmesg should show the messages from
parport which gives me some idea of what hardware you are using.

David Campbell
campbell@torque.net

Current project list:
a) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (documentation needed)
b) Create Linux chipset specific parport drivers

Any assistance to clearing this list most welcome