Re: [PARPORT] Castlewood ORB drive

grant@torque.net
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 07:13:59 -0500 (EST)

> I am considering purchasing the 2.16 GB Castlewood ORB drive when it
> comes out. Does anyone have any idea if it will be possible to use this
> device with Linux?

Considering that Castlewood is Son-of-SyQuest, I'd wager that the PP
version uses a Shuttle EPAT. I'll try to contact their marketing department
and try to establish some sort of relationship. With the massive press that
Linux has been getting lately, manufacturers are taking us much more
seriously, so perhaps I'll get some answers.

Hopefully, they'll survive for a bit longer than Avatar did ...