[PARPORT] HP SureStore Plus

Andrew Williams (woodchuk@bellatlantic.net)
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 19:06:01 -0500

Hello

I hope i'm in the right place to ask these questions.

I have a HP SureStore Plus 7200 Series CD-RW drive with a parallel
interface, I've checked the paride pages and they listed this as one of
the supported cdr drives but i've tried to get it working to no avail.

I've tried loading the driver as a module and built into the kernel.
This is the response i get when the driver tries to load:

paride: epat registered as protocol 0
pg: pg version 1.02s, major 97
pg0: Autoprobe failed
pg: No ATAPI device detected

I'm running kernel 2.0.36 on RH5.0
Paraport is set to EPP mode with only the drive hoocked to it at the
moment.

If someone has experience with this drive or can give me some
instruction on getting this thing working i would greatly appreciate it
as i see no clear instructions anywhere on setting up a CDR on paride,
only tape drives and such.

Thanks
Andrew Williams

PS: The printer works fine when hooked to the port.