Re: [PARPORT] Problems w/ pd + EZ flyer.

grant@torque.net
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 09:40:15 -0500 (EST)

> When trying to insmod pd, it complains about not finding the adapter.
>
> insmod pd drive0=0x378,0,0,4,0,0,2
> pd: pd version 1.04s, major 45, cluster 64, nice 0
> pda: Adapter not found
> pd: no valid drive found
> Initialization of pd failed

It would be _very_ helpful if you could load the pd driver with

        insmod pd verbose=1

and report the kernel log messages. You can retrieve those messages
with the 'dmesg' command.

> As you can see I'm forcing a couple of parameters, because initially the
> system would hang when going into mode 5. After reading a thread in the
> archives I've managed to get around that problem, only to discover this
> one. I have tried different settings on the delay parameter (1-15) with no
> luck. I'm not very familiar with ioports, but I have checked that no lp or
> PLIP driver is using the port. (If I'm using the right port, that is ?
> (neither 0x278, 0x378 or 0x3bc works))
>
> My system:
> Intel 486/75 laptop
> with parallellport modes:
> * bidirectional (This is called Enhanced mode by the setup program)
> * output only

Which mode is the port set to ?

Try loading the driver in mode 2 rather than mode 4, does that make
any difference ?

Whatever, we need to see the verbose log messages.