Re: [PARPORT] Patch for ppa in 2.2.0pre1 (and hopefully 2.2.0pre2)

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 14:52:20 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999 campbell@gear.torque.net wrote:

> Old XT parallel port card (SPP capabale only)
> Pass A 367 sec (3MB/min)
> Pass B 164 sec (7MB/min)
> Pass C 213 sec (6MB/min)
>
> The difference between the three passes is that I changed what
> appears to be an unreleated BIOS parameter. My machine has an Award
> BIOS, under "Chipset Features Setup" there is a parameter
> "8-Bit I/O Recover Time". This parameter was set for the three passes

Ah, interesting. I never thouched the I/O Recover Time but I never though
it could change something (instead it make a _big_ difference!).

Does somebody has some doc about what the parameter means... I would like
to understand which timing it changes...

Andrea Arcangeli