Re: [PARPORT] Anyone using epst?

grant@torque.net
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 10:14:17 -0500 (EST)

> I've just bought a new Nomai 540 removable disk drive thingy
> in a sale, and I'd like to get it to work under Linux. It
> came with a Shuttle Technology parallel port SCSI adaptor.
>
> I've downloaded the epst module source from torque.net,
> which I've compiled and placed in my /lib/modules directory -
> but... how do I use this module?

You may have some debugging to do yet. Reports about the success of
the epst driver are mixed. I'm not currently supporting that old
alpha-version of the driver as a new replacement is in the works,
(and I barely have enough time to work on it, let alone maintain
the old one ...)

If it compiled correctly, you should be able to do something like:

        insmod scsi_mod
        insmod sd_mod
        insmod epst

If you do this from a console (not under X) you should see the messages
produced by the kernel as the drivers load. If everything is working,
your Nomai disk should show be reported and it should become available
at /dev/sda ...