Re: [PARPORT] Anyone using epst?

Paul Robins (paulr@club-internet.fr)
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 20:25:44 +0100

Well thanks very much for the information, and it's great to here
that you are still working on the subject.

I tried what you advised, and it seems to 'almost' work. At least
it finds my disk drive but then seems to hang when resetting the
scsi bus.

I hate to ask, especially when you have clearly stated that
you don't support this module, but have you any idea what may be
wrong here?

this is the log...

# insmod scsi_mod
# insmod sd_mod
# insmod epst
scsi0 : epst driver version 0.01 using mode 1 on port 0x378.
scsi : 1 host.
  Vendor: NOMAI Model: MCD 540I Rev: 5.43
Detected scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
scsi0 : channel 0 target 1 lun 1 request sense failed, performing reset.
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.

... this hangs forever.

thanks again

Paul Robins