Re: [PARPORT] looking for additional C source files for Syjet 1.5 driver

grant@torque.net
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 07:10:36 -0500 (EST)

> Hi to all. As far as I can tell by looking through the archive for this
> list, there has not been much interest in developing a driver for the
> syjet 1.5 parport edition. On the torque web site, I found these source
> files which are supposed to be the ones needed for this
> particular driver. They are, epst.c and epst.h.

There's been a lot of interest in the EPST driver - and many people have
used it with the SyJet. Unfortunately, the driver is old and was never
really finished. In particular, the comments on the web pages (that you
need to have a thorough understanding of SCSI and be comfortable with
building alpha-grade kernel modules) are not mere cautions.

> When I compile these the error output is telling me I also need: sd.h,
> hosts.h, and scsi_module.c. Where can I get these files?

These files are part of the standard linux kernel sources. If you have
the kernel source tree installed and follow the installation instructions
in epst.c, those files should be automatically located.

But, that's not to say that you won't have other problems. I'd recommend
waiting a while for a new driver to appear. (I'm not making promises on
timing, but work is moving ahead.)