Re: [PARPORT] My CD Rom drive and Linux

grant@torque.net
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 07:02:28 -0500 (EST)

> I did install Linux 1.2.8 from Slackware 3.0

This is a very old version of Linux. I'd recommend that you upgrade
to something more recent, like Slackware 3.6.

> Now, I changed my CDROM and ........ nothing is working from cdrom driver
> It is a 36X ATAPI-EIDE Cd Rom drive made by ASUS .

You should have no problem with this drive in current kernels.

Please note: this mailing list concerns the use of parallel port devices,
there are other places for general questions like the ones you are asking.