[PARPORT] After installing PARIDE i cannot print on my HpDJ

Dimitri FAVRE (favre@cadlab.it)
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:12:46 +0100

I've installed the paride as a module in a 2.0.35 kernel. Everything works fine
with my Syquest SparQ drive. However I'm not able to print from linux, even
if i do not "insmod" paride. I'm able to queue the job print but plq reports
the printer is offline.
If I remember correctly, I also changed the Bios LPT settings to ECP/EPP.

Please note that the printer works correctly under Win95 even if the Syquest
is turned off.

Thanks in advance.

Dimitri Favre