Re: [PARPORT] RE: [patch] ieee1284 nibble mode

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:43:26 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Tim Waugh wrote:

> because of a dud data-ready indication. Andrea, you might want to
> instrument the nibble read function so that it displays the status
> register each time round the loop. They _must_ do _something_ different
> when we reach the end.

I gone in sync with your latest patch now. I am using your clean code and
this is what I get:

parport0: FIFO is 16 bytes
parport0: readIntrThreshold is 1
parport0: writeIntrThreshold is 1
parport0: PWord is 8 bits
parport0: Interrupts are ISA-Pulses
parport0: PC-style at 0x378, irq 7, using FIFO [SPP,ECP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2]
In mode 0x04
Using nibble mode
No more nibble data (1 bytes)
In compatibility (forward idle) mode
parport0: Unspecified, Unknown vendor Unknown device
lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).
Mode 0x00 not supported
In compatibility (forward idle) mode
Using compatibility mode
Using compatibility mode

root@laser:/home/andrea# cat /dev/lp0
cat: /dev/lp0: Input/output error

parport probe stops and readback return to not work as usual. But now at
least I know which is the line that harms here ;).

The printing (forward channel) works fine though (no 5 sec stall). Can you
tell me a way to reproduce the semaphore weirness (I would like to go into
that before to play with the printer because I see that more urgent...)?

Thanks.

Andrea Arcangeli