[PARPORT] imm 0.18 works but imm 0.20 doesn't

Neil Zanella (nzanella@cs.mun.ca)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 01:25:51 -0330 (NST)

Hello,

A last remark on the imm driver and Iomega Zip 250:

imm 0.18 works but imm 0.20 doesn't.

Here is some evidence. The results were achieved on a TMC

TI5TT motherboard with one parallel port.

The Award BIOS was using the following setting:

ECP/EPP
ECP Mode Use DMA 3
Parallel Port EPP type: 1.9

My motherboard manual says that the parallel port uses the:

"WINBOND W83877 chipset for two serial, one parallel, and one floppy
drive, support IrDA device."

Here is what I did after "make"ing the imm.o files after unpacking both
archives:

[[root@river imm_0_18]# insmod ./imm.o
[[root@river imm_0_18]# mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip
[[root@river imm_0_18]# ls /mnt/zip
50ways.exe
[[root@river imm_0_18]# umount /mnt/zip
[[root@river imm_0_18]# cd ../imm_0_20
[[root@river imm_0_20]# rmmod imm
[[root@river imm_0_20]# insmod ./imm.o
[[root@river imm_0_20]# mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip
mount: /dev/sda4 is not a valid block device
[[root@river imm_0_20]# lsmod
Module Pages Used by
imm 3 0
slip 2 1 (autoclean)