Re: [PARPORT] ecp (8bit) nullmodem cable pinout?

Nicolas Souchu (nsouch@teaser.fr)
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:59:57 +0100

On Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 02:18:35AM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

>> versa. Normally at the kernel level it is a fairly significant
>> rewrite hence "based on the FreeBSD/Linux driver" should really be
>> "inspired by the FreeBSD/Linux driver".
>>
>> Otherwise the main differences is ownership of the code (GPL =>
>> original programmer, BSD => Regents of Berkley Uni) and the inclusion
>> of the code as part of other programs. Do we have a lawyer on the
>> mailing list?
>
>The stuff that is shared is simply dual licensed. See the
>license on drivers/char/random.c for a classic cover both cases license

How is this possible with one of them which is more restrictive than the
other? Which one shall be considered?

--
nsouch@teaser.fr / nsouch@freebsd.org
FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org