Re: [PARPORT] SCSI-1 emulation?

Neil Cherry (ncherry@home.net)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:44:47 -0500

> The "real" PP SCSI adapters contain buffering, some kind of phase-locked
> ACK generator, and possibly a more elaborate SCSI state machine. Some
> even contain a bargain basement ISA SCSI adapter (like a 5380). And, of
> course, they have to have some sort of nybble-mode multiplexor to be able
> to handle SPP ports.

I have just such a adapter from NEC (Parallel-to-SCSI Host Adapter) AKA
Trantor T339 (I think). One of these days I'll sit down and program it.
I even have a 10M SCSI disk for it :-).

--
Linux Home Automation           Neil Cherry             ncherry@home.net
http://members.home.net/ncherry                         (Text only)