[PARPORT] Audio debugging info for HP 7200e on kernel 2.2.1

aWG (awg@videon.wave.ca)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:31:06 -0600

I have a HP 7200e and am running 2.2.1 with parport and PG/PCD drivers.
Everything works fine for burning/reading data CDs however I cannot get
audio CDs to play properly... here are the debug messages (via
verbose=2):

When I try to play the Audio CD via E-Music (for enlightenment) it
scrolls this in the console:

pcd0: read subchannel: Read 16 bytes

Then when I tried to load workbone it kept scrolling:

pcd0: read toc entry: Read 12 bytes (4 times)
pcd0: read subchannel: Read 16 bytes
pcd0: read toc header: Read 12 bytes
pcd0: read toc entry: Read 12 bytes (kept scrolling this line until I
tried to play)

When I hit the play button it gave me these errors:

pcd0: read subchannel: Read 16 bytes (6 times)
pcd0: play msf completion: alt=0x51 stat=0x51 err=0x20 loop=0 phase=3
pcd0: Request sense: Read 16 bytes
pcd0: play msf: Sense key: 2, ASC: 4, ASQ: 1
play(150,276824)
msf = 0:2:0 61:30:74
CDROMPLAYMSF: I/O error

after that fail it would scroll this error message:
pcd0: read subchannel: Read 16 bytes

In workman it would read the track info correctly but give me this
message in the console shortly after I'd try to play:
pcd0: read subchannel: Read 16 bytes

could someone please help with this problem? Is it my setup that is the
problem or is this normal?