Re: [PARPORT] alias for scsi

grant@torque.net
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:15:47 -0500 (EST)

> I dont have a scsi controller.
> If I alias:
> alias block-major-11 pcd
> alias char-major-21 pg
> (that is scsi cdrom to pcd and sg to pg)
> will that make my "paride scsi" to be detected by all software,
> even those without pcd/pg support ?

I believe this would have the effect of confusing your kerneld rather
badly. When the request for block-major-11 comes in, it will load pcd,
but this will set itself up on a different major number, so the request
will not be resolved.

You might even get some sort of infinite loop, but since I don't much about
kerneld, I can't really say.

Don't try this at home, boys and girls.