Re: [PARPORT] HP 7200e

Nicolas Souchu (nsouch@teaser.fr)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 15:04:47 +0100

On Fri, Feb 19, 1999 at 11:08:36AM -0500, grant@torque.net wrote:

>> Sorry, if this is the wronmg place, but I'm looking for help getting a
>> HP 7200e working under FreeBSD 2.2.8
>>
>> can anyone help?
>
>It isn't really the right place, but perhaps Nicholas Souchu, the FreeBSD
>parport devices guy, can help.

Nothing will ever be done on 2.2.x releases. The 3.1 is now stable and
has the ppbus framework (the FreeBSD parport-like system). But ppbus has
no support for any kind of IDE hardware, nor any scanner.

>While you're at it, can you fill us in on the state of parallel IDE support
>in FreeBSD, Nicholas ?

Yes I can. There's nothing :) I have no such hardware and nobody asked for
the driver. But if there was a peripheral to choose, I'd choose the HP7200
because you had some impressive succes with it.