[PARPORT] ppa device or resource busy

Norman Bollinger ($MNTNEB@CATMUS.CAT.CC.MD.US)
Tue, 02 Mar 1999 11:06:23 EST

My parellel port zip drive works with windoze and dos but not linux.
I can't get ppa to work. The archives indicate that a kmod / kerneld
problem exists when there is no scsi host adapter present. I tried
the suggestion of putting scsi_hostadapter ppa into the
/etc/config.modules but had not luck.
Any ideas to help me???
 Norman

Failed initialization of WD-7000 SCSI card!
scsi : 0 hosts.
scsi : detected total.
are address : 10:00:5A:F5:74:B2
ppa: Version 1.42
ppa: Probing port 0378
ppa: SPP port present
ppa: EPP 1.7
ppa: Probing port 0278
scsi : 0 hosts.

/lib/modules/2.0.35/sci/ppa.o init_module: Device or resource busy

AND.....
I don't understand what SPP and EPP are?