Re: [PARPORT] OfficeJet Project

Riccardo Facchetti (fizban@tin.it)
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 01:18:24 +0100 (CET)

Hello people,

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Radovan Brako wrote:

> Rather off-topic, but anyway ... Does anybody know how much of OfficeJet
> functionality can be obtained without a dedicated driver ? In particular,
> does printing work with DeskJet drivers ? Just about to try to configure
> one for lprng ...

I own an OfficeJet 1170c and I can use it to print under linux with
ghoscript using the device cdj550. It print in B/N and colors. It works
well. From my /etc/printcap:

#
# Entry for device cdj550
lp|cdj550|Ghostscript device cdj550:\
    :lp=/dev/lp0:\
    :sd=/var/spool/cdj550:\
    :lf=/var/spool/cdj550/logfile:\
    :af=/var/spool/cdj550/acct:\
    :if=/usr/share/ghostscript/filt/direct/cdj550/gsif:\
    :mx#0:sf:sh:rs:

I'm happy to hear that someone is writing native code for the OJ under linux.

Ciao,
        Riccardo.

PS: I am sorry for being unresponsive for so long time. I am working hard
    on the apcupsd (I own an APC UPS), libmodem and yamm so I have not
    much time for parport too :)