[PARPORT] Parallel sniffing idea..

LordTyran (a2k@one.net)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:51:06 -0500 (EST)

I've had this idea for quite a while, and I was planning on implementing
it before going public, but I just don't have the time.

My idea is this: Get a machine with 2 bi-directional parallel ports. On
lp0, attach a null-printer cable to another machine running Win9x with
drivers for the parallel device. Then on lp1 of the first maschine, attach
the device. Write software that would send all information from lp0 to
lp1, but log it to a file-- that way, it would be very easy to determine
the information being send to the device, thus making it much easier to
write drivers.

Sound interesting?

Kevin

        After sifting through the overwritten remaining blocks of Luke's
home directory, Luke and PDP-1 sped away from /u/lars, across the surface
of the Winchester riding Luke's flying read/write head. PDP-1 had Luke stop
at the edge of the cylinder overlooking /usr/spool/uucp.
        "Unix-to-Unix Copy Program;" said PDP-1. "You will never find a
more wretched hive of bugs and flamers. We must be cautious."
                -- DECWARS