[PARPORT] Autoprobed printer does not work.

Alp Koray Taždemir (koray@login.com.tr)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:21:01 +0200

Hello,

Possibly there is a simple and reasonable cause for that but since I am
new to Linux I could not
work this out. I have a Lexmark 3200 printer attached to my parallel
port. After boot
when I observe /proc/autoprobe I can see its info there. But when I send
something to lp
and look with lpq it says: waiting printer ro be ready (printer
offline?)
in /proc/irq there is not an assigned number I tried to assign during
boot but it did not work.
Thanks for any help, advise etc!!

Alp