[PARPORT] modules + kernel 2.2.2

Miroslav BENES (mbenes@tenez.cz)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:58:45 +0100

Hello everybody !

I have a little problem with modules on RedHat 5.1 (+ modutils
2.1.121). I probed modules with this result :

1) internal ZIP on SCSI (AVA 1502)

I have this configuration :
        - kernel module support
        - support AHA152x as module
        - support SCSI disk as module

Part of /etc/fstab :
        /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip vfat noauto

Part of /etc/conf.modules
        alias scsi_hostadapter aha152x
        options aha152x io=0x140 irq=11

When I use command : "mount /mnt/zip", the mount is succesful, both
modules are contacted into kernel and I can work with ZP disk. It's
fine. IMHO this means, that modules support works fine.

2) external hdd on lpt

But I have problem with external HDD. It works with EPAT protocol
fine, it I must always load it's modules manualy. It's kernel able
load this modules (parport, epat and pd) automaticaly ?

Thanks for your answer.

S pozdravem

Miroslav BENES
mbenes@tenez.cz