Re: [PARPORT] parallel port colour quickcam's

pb@nexus.co.uk
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:18:12 +0000 (UTC)

> I dont know if the quickcam's are covered by the parport drivers,

They are.

> /lib/modules/2.2.2/misc/c-qcam.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

Is there anything in dmesg? Can you try the parport autoprobe and see if
it can find the camera? (Did you remember to load parport_pc?)

> everything set up correctly, and when i checked /dev i realized that there
> are no parport* devices. I couldnt find anything in the readme's about

No /dev is needed for parport itself. You need to create appropriate
/dev/video* to actually use the qcam of course.

p.