[PARPORT] Parallel ZIP

John Cumming (johncumming@usa.net)
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 16:58:23 -0800

I have a wee query:

I have three parallel ports, with a ZIP drive on the third port ( I could
never get it to work with this newfangled ECP+EPP port on my ASUS VX-97 MB
so I bought a parallel port board). I have Redhat 5.2, with the SCSI to ZIP
driver installed. I have put the alias command for scsi-hostadapter to ppa
in the /etc/conf.modules file, and the flipping thing still doesn't work. I
note that the LPT driver grabs all three of my parallel ports (two of which
are fitted with printers) before the ppa driver comes up. What's going
wrong here? Do I need to bring up the ppa driver first (and if so, how? -
and what's the options format for the ppa guy).

Words of wisdom are solicited.

John Cumming