Re: [PARPORT] zip plus install

Matthias Jim Knopf (jim@users.de)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:11:24 +0100 (MET)

hi.

> I have just downloaded the zip plus drive imm018.tar, I have
unzipped
[...]

Use a 2.2.x-kernel and you don't need to use any other tar-ball!
Here's what you should select in the Kernel submenu "SCSI" :

   <M> SCSI support
   <M> SCSI disk support
[...]
   SCSI low-level drivers --->
select this submenu... then you get:
[...]
   < > IOMEGA parallel port (ppa - older drives)
   <M> IOMEGA parallel port (imm - newer drives)
that's all, all you have to consider is what to do with the next two
options about buggy hardware and so...

Oh, and don't forget to enable
   <M> PC-style hardware
in the "general"-submenu

So far, Jim (Matthias Knopf)

---
No RISC, No Fun           PGP-Key available
Don't open any WINDOWS - Air conditioned environment !