Soulier, Frederic (Frederic.P.Soulier@british-airways.com)
26 Mar 1999 13:18:22 Z
(1) I have got PARPORT (insmod parport works fine)
(2) ** that might be from where comes my pbms **
in the /etc/conf.modules do I need to have something like that:
options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7 (and this line as well?)
(3) ** will try that asap **
(4) Yes. It exists. I did not try to get the drive to work
under 2.0.36 because I moved directly to Kernel 2.2.1
(5) Yes. I got all the new RPMs as mentionned by RedHat.
Will keep you posted.
email@example.com on 26/03/99 12:23:00
To: Frederic Soulier
Subject: Re: [PARPORT] Ezflyer 230
"Soulier, Frederic" wrote:
> I am trying to set up my Syquest Ezflyer 230 on my Linux machine an
> I am using RH52 with the Kernel upgraded to 2.2.1.
1) Make sure you really did compile PARPORT support. You'll need it to
successfully run paride.
2) Take a look at /etc/conf.modules to see if you have defined the
3) use modprobe -v to watch the module loading process. Make sure
it's lowlevel driver parport_pc are being loaded.
4) make sure you have the /dev/pda* entries created (should have if you
from 2.0.xx and your Ezflyer was running there).
5) try a 'depmod -a' It sometimes helps.
PD: I assume you changed the modutils and the rest f things as described
-- #### Pedro Andrés Aranda Gutiérrez #### Interactive Services Platforms #### Network Infrastructure Division ==== Telefonica I+D mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ==== C./ Emilio Vargas, 6 Tlf +34-91 337 4702 ==== E-28043 Madrid, Spain FAX +34-91 337 4352 "Das Herz hat einen Standort. Es schlägt links" Oskar Lafontaine
-- To unsubscribe, send mail to: email@example.com -- -- with the single word "unsubscribe" in the body of the message. --
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Sun 28 Mar 1999 - 17:08:47 EST