[PARPORT] ParaSCSI, ParaSCSI Plus, and SparCSI

Nathan Gopen (GopenN@mx3.masirv.com)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:05:16 -0800

Our company makes a PC-based embedded box for our system, and we have a
custom parallel SCSI cable that was originally designed to be modeled after
LinkSys' ParaSCSI / ParaSCSI plus. The product is now owned by Shining
Techonolgies, and is called the "SparCSI". Does anyone have a Linux driver
that would work for that cable, or can anyone point me in the direction of
how to write such a driver?

(We would also need to figure out how to put the driver on a bottable Linux
install disk, as that is the only means by which we can mount the CD-ROM
drive, needed to install the rest of the operating system).