Re: [PARPORT] ParaSCSI, ParaSCSI Plus, and SparCSI

grant@torque.net
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:35:35 -0500 (EST)

> Our company makes a PC-based embedded box for our system, and we have a
> custom parallel SCSI cable that was originally designed to be modeled after
> LinkSys' ParaSCSI / ParaSCSI plus. The product is now owned by Shining
> Techonolgies, and is called the "SparCSI". Does anyone have a Linux driver
> that would work for that cable, or can anyone point me in the direction of
> how to write such a driver?

There is no driver at this time, but a new suite of drivers is currently
in development and early testing. I would very much like to include this
device, but have been unable to locate them anywhere.

> (We would also need to figure out how to put the driver on a bottable Linux
> install disk, as that is the only means by which we can mount the CD-ROM
> drive, needed to install the rest of the operating system).

Please contact me directly. If you can provide the hardware, I can
see that the driver is developed and included in the new suite.