[PARPORT] Can't use my pararell port /dev/lp1 -can't print 2.2.5

narancs1@mail.externet.hu
Fri, 02 Apr 1999 10:26:40 +0200 (CEST)

So I cannot print 2.2.5
With 2.0.36 everything works.

trying to access parport:
bash: /dev/lp1: Operation not supported by device
it make modules to load, but parport_pc doesn't load.

lsmod:
parport_probe 3012 0 (autoclean) (unused)
lp 5148 0 (autoclean) (unused)
parport 7156 0 (autoclean) [parport_probe lp]

If I modprobe parport_pc, then it loads and the printer comes on-line, but then
it says the same as above.
If I change rows in /lib/modules/2.2.5/modules.dep makeing lp depend on
parport_pc then it says: /dev/lp1: device is not configured,
If I make parport_pc depend on lp it hangs on, but with ctrl-c it stops
(well this time lp waits on parport_pc to load first and parport_pc waits for
lp) Cancelling the first change it still says the first answer.
So I'm on a wrong way.

It doesn't matter if kerneld is running or not. It is the same story.
in kernel .config:
CONFIG_PARPORT=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=m
# CONFIG_PARPORT_OTHER is not set
# CONFIG_PARIDE_PARPORT is not set (well, it happened that, although I set it
off with xconfig, in file .config it was still set =m!. I had to set it off by
hand. )
# CONFIG_PARIDE is not set
CONFIG_PRINTER=m
CONFIG_PRINTER_READBACK=y

I only have one printer and only one parport. It's lp1 (0x378).
I use no more devs on parport. The cabel is ok. I can print with 2.0.36.
The same problem with 2.2.4. Is it something wrong with kmod?
Please help!