[PARPORT] RE: FAQ: Re: Can't use my pararell port /dev/lp1 -can't print 2.

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 20:28:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999 narancs1@mail.externet.hu wrote:

>Well, then I've got somethings wrong going on because without kerneld my ppp
>doesn't start at all automatically. Only if I modprobe it.

You must compile the kerenl with KMOD=y.

>It is interesting that I am using lp without parport.

Fun ;).

>But I can print now normally. Is it normal?

No. lp uses at least parport_enumerate and parport_enumerate is a parport
call and it woudln't work without parport. But you may have compiled
parport in the kernel (not as module) without noticing that.

Andrea Arcangeli