[PARPORT] Redhat installation on Laptop with old parport cdrom ????

Arne Brune Olsen (abolsen@c2i.net)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:36:39 +0200

Hi

I have a laptop (486DX2) that I want to install RH5.2 on.
My problem is to get drivers for my cdrom. (I dont have any PCMCIA network cards to make an ftp install)
The cdrom is from a company called DiscTec, type RoadRunner CD-4x. I have tried the default rh boot.image
and also tried another one with support for older par.port cd's. But none of them seems to have support for that cd rom.
Does anyone have any Ideas on how to perform the installation ?

Or is my only hope to get a PCMCIA card and do the easy nework install?

I'm happy for any replies.
Best Regards
Arne