Re: [PARPORT] Redhat installation on Laptop with old parport cdrom ????

grant@torque.net
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:14:43 -0400 (EDT)

> I have a laptop (486DX2) that I want to install RH5.2 on.
> My problem is to get drivers for my cdrom. (I dont have any PCMCIA =
> network cards to make an ftp install)
> The cdrom is from a company called DiscTec, type RoadRunner CD-4x. I =
> have tried the default rh boot.image
> and also tried another one with support for older par.port cd's. But =
> none of them seems to have support for that cd rom.

Please try to be more specific about what you have tried. In particular,
did you try rh52pp2.img from my ftp site ?

If none of the drivers on that disk can detect your drive, then we need
to do a bit of research. The first step is to send me a listing of the
DOS installer disk that comes with your DiscTec device. I don't
recognise the name - but perhaps it uses an adapter that we
know about.